Thursday, June 9, 2011

What I learned this week

 I am linking up with Courtney via Click it up a Notch!

I have actually got a few new things I have learned...so which to choose. Well I'll write about them both and then decide:) First, I learned that photographing newborns is hard work! I mean sure anyone can snap a picture of a cute newborn that's snoozing it's day away....but when you take a picture with a purpose...that's when it gets tricky! I did my very first newborn shoot this past week. I love how I go into something semi-prepared and walk away with this wealth of new knowledge on how to make it better and easier! I now know that I should have 2-3 heaters going on instead of just the one. A bean bag is kind of a must have. A back drop stand will be my best friend! I was fairly happy that I got as many "decent" shots as I did considering this little seven day old didn't sleep a wink! And he was fed so I know he wasn't hungry:) 



Second I learned how much fun shooting sports is! My first born has started soccer(and loves it)! So I snapped on my 75-300mm in hopes of catching him in some cool action. I wasn't disappointed! 


I love the expression on his face! He has had two games since then and I keep snapping away to try and get some nice 'singled out' photos of him in action. It's a little tricky when I've got two other kids in tow that demand attention more than at home...gosh why can't they just occupy themselves!
I don't know...I think the newborn shoot wins it this time. I find myself wishing my friends would hurry up and have the babies they aren't even pregnant with yet so I can take their pictures!


Click it Up a Notch
Pin It!

4 comments:

Lildonbro said...

Ha, yes, I was going to say that I love the expression on his face!

I love your photos!

Chris said...

Holy schnikes...amazing

Courtney said...

I agree newborns are HARD! I did some for friends a few times and have sworn it off now. I'm just not patient enough to wait for the baby to fall asleep! :O) he he Love that second one!! Great expression on your sons face!!!

Jenn said...

Such great photos as always! That baby is adorable! How does your son like soccer?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...