Monday, October 1, 2007

Slow cooker Aromatic chicken

If you want your house to smell d-lish you've got to try this recipe. I received it from my Aunt as part of a Christmas present and have used it loads of times. So enjoy!
Ingredients:
1/2 c. coconut milk
1/2 c. water
8 chicken thighs-skinned(try to find boneless and skinless...much easier)
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 tblspn soy sauce
1/8 teas. ground cloves
2 garlic cloves-minced

Grease up your slow cooker

Combine the milk and water and pour into your freshly greased crock pot

Then, add remaining ingredients in the order I've written them!



Seriously very easy!
After everything is in start it up and let it cook on low for 5-6 hours. The recipe calls for it over rice, but since Mr. Cat and I are watching our waists shrink...I sauteed up some fresh spinach, green peppers, and mushrooms as a companion. 

:)...I forgot to take a "nice" picture of the finished product because I was too excited to eat it! The chicken falls apart and is juicy and oh soooo good:)

He really did enjoy it:)

*a few tips:
-make sure you shake the coconut milk..it separates
-I used the splenda brown sugar blend...it's half of what the recipe calls for

Enjoy!
Pin It!

No comments: