Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Biltmore's bread pudding w/ Caramel sauce

I made this for my FIL's birthday. I am quite sure if I wasn't the favorite already, I am now :P
       
      Ingredients
  • 8 c. cubed day-old bread
  • 9 eggs
  • 2 1/4 c. milk
  • 1 3/4 c. heavy whipping cream
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 3/4 c. butter,melted
  • 3 teas. vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 teas. ground cinnamon
         Caramel Sauce
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1/4 c. water
  • 1 tblspn lemon juice
  • 2 tblspn butter
  • 1 c. heavy whipping cream
     

     Get your oven pre-heating at 350. Cube up your day-old bread. I got mine at the rack wal-mart puts there stuff out on...genius I know:)

     

    You will need a 13X9 inch pan for this. Go ahead and grease it.



    Then put your bread into the pan. Amazing isn't it?



    After the easy stuff is done...grab a bowl. Actually, if you have a mixer I would just use that to start out with. This stuff makes a full bowl...and you have to whisk...sooo save yourself the trouble:) Put the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, butter, vanilla, and cinnamon in the bowl you chose. 



    This is what I chose, but quickly changed to my fabulous Kichen Aid! If you get depressed that you don't have one...go here !



    Ok, now that you have made your life incredibly easier....whisk all these delicious things together. And pour it over your bread. Like so...

     

     

    Ok. Pop that in the oven for 40-45 minutes...I had to keep it in for about 50. When a knife comes out clean it's done. 



    It should look something like this.

    Now for the saucey sauceness...
     Grab a small saucepan and put the sugar, water and lemon juice to a boil. Turn your heat down and cook until the sugar turns a golden amber and the dew from the morning tickles your lips..-chuckle- No...just the golden amber part!
    See how it's oh so golden? Well strive for this. Stir in your butter until it melts. Add cream. 
    Take it off the heat and pour over your bread pudding. It's D-lish!
    Pin It!

    1 comment:

    Undaunted said...

    BwaaHahah! Favorite DIL, indeed. :) The pudding looks yummy, I must admitt. btw I liked your other header better than this one.