Monday, April 4, 2011

I've got the shakes!

As mentioned in a previous post, Alaska is home to earthquakes. Lots of them. I have felt two in the past three days. It's quite an odd sensation...to be doing something that doesn't require anything distracting, to all of a sudden feeling wobbly. I would almost think I am, losing my mind, or maybe gotten a few too many wafts of my neighbors marijuana via the hallway, but I put the wishing away and realize that....we just had another earthquake!
The first one we experienced was after the kids had gone to bed. The hubs and I were having our date night, watching a movie, and the house shook. Like really shook. He looked at me and we were both like....'uhhh what was that? Was that an earthquake?' Yes, yes it was. It's like being on a swing set...that twitches. Or a glider...that goes in a circle.
The past two I have felt haven't been that strong. I turned and looked at B and said...'did you feel that?' He looked at me like I was insane. Which isn't unusual nowadays. 
He's going to give me a complex.
Pin It!

6 comments:

Katrina said...

I guess you will get use to it...:( but I can't imagine how it must be to be feeling that just out of the blue all the time... and as far as Beckham he isn't really paying attention I guess...:) Probably a good thing....lol

Undaunted said...

Shake it, Baby! Shake IT! LOL Hope you worked out today or I am going to kick your patutti!!!

Jen said...

Hehehe...lol Oh B :) you make me giggle :)

hey thanks for pointing out I spelled SOLDIER wrong! :)

love you :)

Riah-Riah said...

How crazy! I haven't felt one here yet but apparently we get them pretty frequently. BTW... I LOVE your blog layout!!! Did you do it?

Nana S. said...

Strange feeling, glad we don't experience them too often here in ME.

Lildonbro said...

I've never felt an earthquake...not that I know of at least. I think I would freak out and my mind would go crazy trying to remember if I stand in a doorway or find a triangle to crawl under.