Tuesday, June 12, 2012

blog award?! say wha?!?

I've had this comment pending in my comment section for a while now because it awarded me with this:


First, thank you!

While I am thankful for Cari for nominating me, I'm a little at a loss:) I don't think I'm that creative..at all. But I'm also quite literal so when I think of creative I think of all the super moms that are decorating their house on $20, or making a rocket ship out of a soda bottle. But I will take this award and follow through and list 7 things that you may (hopefully) find interesting:)

1- my parents picked my name from the movie the Thorn birds.
2- I don't like sharing knives in peanut butter and fluff/jelly because the crumbs from the bread come off in the peanut butter and go stale, leaving you with an abnormal crunch in your next sandwich.
3- I was born and raised in NH and now live 4500 miles away, much to the demise of my mother
4- It's a rare occasion when I actually finish something I start.
5- we own a home in NH and UT(and rent them out). Don't ask me how cause we are not swimming in money. There isn't even a puddle to step in:)
6- It takes me forever to make friends. And by the time I actually make some...I move away
7- it seriously took me like 20 minutes to think of things that I thought would be interesting to you!

Now the fun part...I get to nominate 7 other bloggers! 

1. The Inspired lens because I love tutorials and beautiful photography and these girls have it!
2. Serene is my name, Not my life because she is a super busy Mom that let's it all hang out. She's quirky and I enjoy reading and commiserating with her. 
3. The Rowdy Stroudy's because Carrie is so real.She also gives some awesome inspiration with her posts and photography.
4. A bit of sunshine because she's got a great energy even with having 4 little ones running around.
5. Undaunted because she's my super thrifty sister in law. This woman can find the best things in a seeming pile of crap! Girls got skills in thrifting, sewing and gardening!
6. Down Abbie's road because her style is eclectic and her ideas are flawless. She's got talent in re-purposing and photography. 
7. My 3 Monsters because she has ideas spewing out of her all the time and they are always fabulous!

There you have it! Thanks again Cari!



Here are the rules for those nominated (if you choose to participate):
1.Copy the Kreativ Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
2.Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
3.List 7 things about you that people might find interesting.
4.Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Kreativ Blogger Award.
5.Leave a comment on the blogs you nominate to let them know about the award.
Pin It!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the award!! I'm so enjoying looking through your blog tonight!

Amy

Carrie said...

awww....thanks so much:)

Serene is my name, not my life! said...

*blush* Thanks! With all the many blogs out there I'm always surprised when someone likes to read mine. :D

Quirky eh? LOL! I like it!

I should get a t-shirt made!

Cari said...

I don't think I knew you were from NH. We spent almost 5 years in Concord. It's one of our favorite places, and if it weren't for the harsh winters we'd move back in an instant. I tell my husband we need a summer home in NH and winter home in FL.