Sunday, July 24, 2016

Happy 4th of July



With the news that we were moving in our brains, the 4th of July parade brought a slew of emotions. Matt and I both found ourselves getting sentimental at odd times. For me, it was when we were handed flyers for a dance studio, or things coming up, or hanging out with a new family we went to the parade with. -sigh-


The parade was Saturday. The next activity was a work party in Grassy Butte. I have heard lots of stories of Matt's boss and how 'pioneer' he is. He's from Alaska, and his family still lives there. He's built up Watford City quite a bit and has done A LOT of good for the community. He also lives in a chicken coop. Showers....never. And likes to finish his day off with liquor. Every day. 
So to say that I was a little....curious of how this party was going to go is an understatement. Especially when I heard he made a swimming hole, complete with a filter. LOL
But what kind of mother would I be if I denied my children the chance to swim in filth with dogs. I mean really? 


There was a dog there that was neurotic with a ball it was carrying around. It was one of those balls you give horses to throw around. It would get thrown in the swimming hole and then run around, drop the ball, and shake all over whoever he was standing next to. That's what my freakout was about. He was a rude dog! 
Our fourth festivities concluded with a hilltop viewing of the fireworks put on by the city. We drove up to a water tower (the only hill in town) and parked our car. We popped open the back of the suburban to watch, until another couple invited us further up to sit with them. Super nice people. They had a little 13 year old dog named Fluffy that Paige was obsessed with. I thought she was going to kill it. Think of the old cartoon..."he will be mine. and I will call him George, and I will hug him and squeeze him". No joke. 





I love this little city. I love how simple it is. That we can drive through fields and up a hill to find the best spot to watch fireworks and make friends in the process. 
Pin It!

No comments: