Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Read the fine print

I have this obsession with craigslist. If you follow my blog you should be aware of that from this post, and this one. I used it to find our new home. I also use it to compare my photography to those that advertise on there. This is usually a big ego boost for me. Seriously. I don't advertise myself mostly because I have poor self-esteem and no guts if I were to get someone interested, I don't have someone I can call anytime to watch my kids if need be. So when I need a pick-me-up I check it out. I'm usually never disappointed!
But this time I stumbled upon a page for 'talented Alaskan moms'. So being a mother, and "talented" I opened the ad and saw a facebook page address. I found this Mom that had crochet hats for sale along with some other things and they looked really cute. The pictures were O-K. Something I thought could use some help. Well on the left of her page I saw "need...photographer". So I thought...oh wow she needs a photographer to take some pictures of her stuff. Ok, I'll email her and tell her I would do it.
But then I read it again.
She was the photographer! Advertising herself for work! I'm glad I caught that before I insulted her badly by offering myself to take some product pictures!!! whew!! Crisis averted! 
BUT, I follow this other blog and her name is Jenn and she cracks me up! You can find her not jiggling HERE. She recently posted about making her own cloth diapers and deciding to open up her own Etsy shop to sell them. Since she also frequents my blog, and has commented on my pictures, I thought I'd extend my offer to her. Lucky me...she said yes!!! And I only know this because I went back and looked at her comment section;)
ANYWAY!
She wrote back in her comment section for me to send her an email with my address in it so she could send the diaper to me. All I saw was...."email.....your". So what did I do? I wrote her an email with my email address!!! Holy embarrassing! I think it's time for me to slow down a second and actually take in the information that is presented to me.

Who knows what I could say next....


Pin It!

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Your too funny and I am glad you didn't contact the other girl... whew that would have really been bad...lol...love ya

Jenn said...

I am so glad you emailed me your real address!! I am going to send you two cute little diapers in the mail Thursday (I know I said by Tuesday, but life got in my way). Currently the pictures are a sad state of affairs and desperately need your help! I'm a seamstress, not a photographer.

Nana S. said...

Sounds like a great connection ;-)

Mustika Hayati said...

your blog is very interisting

http://choccopost.blogspot.com