Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Operation Nutella cupcakes!


Welcome to the Pinterest challenge! What is this you ask? Well, if you are like us, then you find yourself spending hours upon hours time looking on the internet and 'pinning' all this stuff that you want to do, or make, or dream about. So Jen and I have said:

                         "TO HECK WITH PRETENDING TO BE CRAFTY"!

So if you come by on Wednesdays you will see what we have taken from our boards and done in real-life!  We are really excited about this because who doesn't like amounting to things that they say they are going to do? Enough talk...let's get busy!

                                                            ---------------
 
I like to cook. Well actually, I like to do difficult/new recipes. I think it makes me feel good about myself. So when I saw these cupcakes via Pinterest, I thought to myself "self, you should make those because you have a new found love of nutella". So I bought a jar at the horrendous price of $7.98!
So I made them. And let me tell you, they aren't a 'cake-walk'. ha...bad pun:) The recipe doesn't kid when it says the batter is thick. And swirling the nutella in them was a joke. I mean, I guess they got to it work since they have a pretty picture to suck you into wanting to make them yourself...but mine...no. I tried using a butter knife. So that may have been my problem. *note to self-try using a skewer or toothpick*

1 cupcake = 323 calories

And there you have it! As far as the taste...actually, a little dry. The Nutella helps. I think the batter is too thick. I may try with a boxed cake mix. Or maybe cooking them less. It said 25-30 minutes and I went 27. Should have gone 25. Oh well...maybe next time;)
Pin It!

1 comment:

Undaunted said...

I know what to add to your Christmas list now. 7.00 dollars indeed. That is just crazy.