Friday, May 14, 2010

Too much information

So I have really been trying to figure out what it is that attracts people to others blogs. I think I have come up with the answer....lots of personal thoughts and feelings. I can't expect people to hang around and read my bring mundane life, if all I do is write about the really boring and mundane things. I've come across blogs of women that really are no different than me. They have kids, religion, and a computer. So why do they all have "followers" and dozens of "comments"? Because they blog like they are writing in their journal. I'm not sure I will be able to accomplish that since my journal really isn't all that detailed either. Kind of a problem. There are all sorts of things that happen on a daily basis in my life. Either the kids are making me want a stiff shot of Jack, or they are being the cutest little shmoopsie poos, or being dorks!  Some days I get lost in my thoughts of this really being my life and others I bawl while trying to sing primary songs in the car with B. SO...I just need to write about them. Hopefully this will help me see myself as someone of interest. Please don't ask how me wanting other people to "follow" and leave "comments" will make me feel good:) It's just one of those things I guess.
Pin It!

3 comments:

Undaunted said...

I like comments too. :) I love to hear about your mundane things, it helps me cope with my own mundane life. BTW I cried in when my kids sing primary songs all the time. LOL Hang in there. Love ya :D

Jen said...

I know what ur talking about meg....lol hence why I've gone all super crazy military on my blog...because it's relevant to my life right now, and I have a weird need to talk to other women who are in the same situation as I am. I agree...I think the trick is to put yourself out there. Also...lol if you follow alot of other blogs, start commenting on those womens entries...because they'll notice and start to follow u too. :)

In any case...i love your blog, and I think your entries have been awesome since you've changed your blog name. Keep it up, you'll start getting followers :)

loooove U! can't wait to see you!!

Kenyon and Jeannette Petersen said...

I feel the same way! Although I've only had a blog for a few days but I'm no good at keeping a journal but sometimes I need to get my feelings out! I'm now a follower of your blog and will be leaving comments from time to time! Also I don't know if you have it by my phone number is: 801-867-0604! I'd love to hear from you and catch up on everything...that is if you can get a break!