Wednesday, May 14, 2014

So how was your day?

I'm quite sure that my child is going to drive me to the point of clinical insanity. 

No joke.

I have never in my life experienced dealing with a child that is as contrary, defiant, or strong willed as my daughter. 
Today was like something straight out of the manuscript for groundhog's day. She does something naughty. I tell her to go to timeout. She says no. I put her in timeout and she turns around and gets out of timeout. I count to three, with 3 going to her room for timeout. 

1, 2, 3

Up to her room I drag her because her feet and legs have quit moving by themselves. Hoist anchor. 
It's funny how heavy 32lbs gets when it's dead weight. 
Crying and pitching a fit the whole way. 
And I think to myself "what have I done to possibly warrant this"? 
Repeat scenario at least 3 times.

In between one of these timeouts I catch a blog of a mother with 5.5 kids. This particular post was about how her children got lost outside playing so they knelt down to pray and got help to get home. 

And then there's my kids. 
I really try not to compare myself to other Mom's but it's really quite hard when I have such a difficult child and no one really understands it. I get looks like "are you following through", or "your kid is completely out of control", and "good luck with that". 

I do follow though. 
I know my kid is out of control.
I don't need luck, I need an exorcism! 
This child is exhausting. 

I try not to take it personally, but how can't I when the words "I hate you" and "I hate Mom" spew forth from her 4 year old mouth? 

"They" say one day I'll look back on it and laugh. And they are probably right. From my cell, sitting on my mattress with a straight jacket on. 
 
Pin It!

No comments: